Saturday, December 13, 2008

Old Friends

Today I went to a surprise party for a friend from elementary school. It's a milestone birthday. It's always good to see old friends. It's also very hard to realize that we've known each other for so long and share so many memories. We even went to high school together. There was the summer when we were 15 and she started dating the boy who would one day become her husband. We lost track of each other for several years and then through the magic that is the internet, we reconnected. Now it seems that it wasn't so long ago that we were in school.

Then when I was talking with another friend, I saw her brother graduated with a former neighbor who went to the same school as I, only he was a few years behind me. I've got to get in touch with him. I always knew there was something good about him.

When I got home, there was a Christmas from my old boss and my favorite boss. She wrote a short note filling me in on this past year. She's been very busy changing jobs and traveling.

Yes, it's been a good day to reconnect with old friends.

No comments: