There was an error in this gadget

Monday, December 15, 2008

Memories

What is it about Christmas that brings back so many memories, and in my case, all of them good.

Today I was remembering the time when I was about six years old. It was Christmas Eve and like all children, I couldn't sleep. My bed was up against an outside wall of our apartment and I could see the hallway and door of my parents' bedroom from my bed. I heard a noise and opened my eyes just in time to see Santa Clause leaving my parents' room. He was carrying a large bag. Our chimney must have been in my parents' closet.

I kept very quiet and pretended to sleep because everyone knows Santa won't come unless everyone is asleep. The next morning I told anyone who would listen about my discovery. Of course, they were all surprised, they never imagined that the closet held our chimney.

No comments: