Monday, December 15, 2008

Memories

What is it about Christmas that brings back so many memories, and in my case, all of them good.

Today I was remembering the time when I was about six years old. It was Christmas Eve and like all children, I couldn't sleep. My bed was up against an outside wall of our apartment and I could see the hallway and door of my parents' bedroom from my bed. I heard a noise and opened my eyes just in time to see Santa Clause leaving my parents' room. He was carrying a large bag. Our chimney must have been in my parents' closet.

I kept very quiet and pretended to sleep because everyone knows Santa won't come unless everyone is asleep. The next morning I told anyone who would listen about my discovery. Of course, they were all surprised, they never imagined that the closet held our chimney.

No comments: