Monday, May 14, 2012

Lost and Found

What was lost has been found.

A few weeks ago I had an attack of neat and cleaned and organized my closet.  I switched to lighter weight clothes and shoes.  I put my boots away and took out my sandals.  It was then that I realized that my shoe shopping had gotten out of hand.  I have far too many shoes to mention.

While organizing and cleaning I threw out several empty shoe boxes, without checking which is something I never do.  A day or two later I remembered that I had ordered and received a pair of denim penny loafer type shoes.  I looked all over the closet but couldn't find them.  I hated to admit it to myself but I must have thrown them out in one of the boxes which I never checked.

Yesterday, I was trying to find a pair of shoes in the brown/tan family.  I picked up one pair and discovered the new denim shoes.  I had been looking for a pair of denim shoes and didn't realize that the ones I thought had been thrown out had a tan trim on the heel and the denim wasn't visible on the shelf.

I wore them and they fit perfectly.  I had been so embarrassed by my foolishness that I didn't tell anyone about the missing shoes.

There's a lesson to be learned here.  Never throw out a box or bag without checking to see that it really is empty.

No comments: