Thursday, January 1, 2009

How I spent New Years Eve

Last night, New Years Eve, our community had a party. It was planned as a very elegant affair and quickly sold out. I really wouldn't have wanted to go, I prefer to stay home on New Years Eve.

I usually watch the festivities in Times Square on the TV and watch the ball come down. At the stroke of midnight, I have a glass of champagne and some herring. I know why the champagne - I like it, but I don't know why I eat herring. It's something my parents always had on New Years and I still have it.

Last night, Crash and Burn were actually awake, so I had my champagne and herring and gave them each a handful of Temptations. We all enjoyed our treats.

Around 12:15 I looked out the window and saw some people leaving the clubhouse. I guess that party wasn't so great, and again I enjoyed myself more by staying home.

No comments: