Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Planning

The other day I noticed that the local mall's light poles have been decorated for Christmas, then a friend mentioned that she had started baking cookies. I thought this was all premature. Christmas is a long way off, then I looked at my calendar. There are less than six weeks to Christmas.

Since Thanksgiving is early this year, I thought I'd have a lot of time to make my plans. Now I realize that I don't. There's a lot to do. I have to decide whether or not I'll have my usual family Christmas party, then I have to plan a menu and clean. I also have to decorate and send cards. I usually start planning for Christmas around Halloween, but this year I lost track of time.

I guess that's what happens when you go away on vacation (or as I now call it, "geographical studies") in November. No matter how hectic it seems, I know I'll get everything done on time, and I'll enjoy every minute.

No comments: