Saturday, November 24, 2007

Decorating

Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! Those are among my favorite words. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I planned on starting my decorating on Friday morning. Before I could start decorating, I realized that I needed some frames for the pictures from my recent geographical studies trip that I was going to print. I stopped any thought of decorating and went to the store for frames, then I saw some garlands and candle rings. When I got home I was too tired to go through the boxes and put the lights in the windows. I decided to do it on Saturday.

On Saturday I got up full of energy and dressed warmly because I had to go into the garage. I started over to the boxes of lights, garlands, flowers. Then I realized that Tuesday is our bulk collection day and I have a few things to put out. So, I gathered the boxes and other items to be thrown out and rearranged a few things in the garage. I even found a few sweaters I had forgotten I had. They had to be put in the closet.

I finally got to the Christmas stuff, pulled out some lights. Of course, as it happens every year, one set doesn't work. Then I decided I couldn't put the lights on dirty windows with dirty curtains, so they had to be washed.

Eventually, the lights were put on two windows and some flowers were taken out of the garage but not arranged.

I still haven't done much decorating, there's always tomorrow. I'm beginning to think I have ADD (attention deficit disorder). At least I hope that's the problem and that I'm not that disorganized or scatterbrained that I can't finish one project before going on to another.

No comments: