Friday, June 15, 2007

Downtown Manhattan

Yesterday I went into the City for dinner. Because I'm fanatical about being on time, I was early. I took that time to wander around downtown.

It's so hard to believe that it's only 3 1/2 years since I retired. The area has changed so much. All my favorite stores have either closed or moved. Formans the place where I got such great bargains is gone. I wanted to buy a greeting card, but the store is gone. Even the bank is gone. Of course, the World Trade Center is gone, there were so many shops there too. As far as I can see, downtown is no longer a great place to shop.

So many office buildings have gone residential. For only $4000/month you can get a small one bedroom - sounds tempting doesn't it?

I know change is inevitable, but I miss some of those old stores.

No comments: