Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cooking

About 10 years ago I decided to take cooking lessons. I had heard about an organization called Cooking by the Book in the City. The idea was to make a meal using recipes from a chef's cookbook and then, of course, to sell the book. I enjoyed those lessons and learned quite a few things. I also tried foods I would have never thought to try.

Today, I felt like being creative and because my basil crop is doing quite well, I looked through my collection of cookbooks for a recipe. I found Pesto with Scallops and Sun Dried Tomatoes in NELLA CUCINA by Mary Ann Esposito. I made the dish and it was delicious.

I met Mary Ann Esposito at Cooking by the Book. She is the nicest lady, very helpful. She was one of the friendliest of the authors I met.

Unfortunately, a couple of years ago, Cooking by the Book stopped working with authors and now conducts team-building events for corporations using the same concept of making a dinner together and then sitting down to eat.

No comments: