Friday, November 30, 2012

Toys

The Men's Club in our community along with the Marines are holding the annual Toys for Tots drive.
Today I decided to make a contribution.  I went to the local Target store and started looking around.  I love shopping for toys, I guess it brings back memories of when my boys were children.

What I found is most distressing, but not surprising.  Practically everything I looked at was made in China, even such American icons as Barbie, Fisher Price, Playskool and Disney.  I don't want to support another country, particularly a communist country, when we are in such bad shape.

Finally, I found some jigsaw puzzles that were made in the USA.  There were some Lego sets that are made in Europe.  I also checked out the Matchbox and Hot Wheels.  They're made in Thailand, but at least it's not China.

I know it's not much, but if everyone were more observant and rejected products made in China, maybe we could bring some manufacturing back to our country, that is, if the unions don't demand any unreasonable rules like they did with Hostess Baking.  We all know how that ended.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

It's so hard to find things that aren't made somewhere else. It would be nice if we at least had more choices to support our own country!