Monday, November 5, 2012

Shades of the 70's

I'm sure by now, everyone has heard about the gas shortages here in the NY Metropolitan area.  We in NJ are having the same problem.

On Saturday, a friend called me to let me know about a gas station that was open, although it had a long line.  She had waited about 1/2 hour, but was able to fill up.  The next day I set out to fill my tank, especially since I heard we may get another storm on Wednesday.  I lucked out, only had to wait 15 minutes.

It reminded me of the 70's when we had much longer waits for gas.  We also had the odd/even rationing.  We made it through then, and we'll make it through now.

It also reminded me of my, then, 3 year old son's favorite game.  After hearing about the lines from us and the TV, he would line up his cars and trucks and play "gas line".  Who says TV doesn't influence children?

No comments: