Monday, November 26, 2012

Procrastination

This morning I reminded myself of a child who keeps putting off doing his homework because there are a million other things he'd rather be doing.

It's time to start decorating for Christmas.  Christmas is my favorite time of year, I love the decorations.  I enjoy it so much that just about every room in the house has some kind of decoration.  It's time to bring the tree in from the garage.  It's not a real tree, it's a real artificial tree and looks great when it's set up.

I'd really love to have a real tree, but with Burnie...He'd probably climb the tree.  I once had a cat who loved to climb the artificial tree.  Thankfully I had an early warning system, a glass bell that jingled everytime the tree moved.

But I digress.  About the procrastination.  First, I had to check my emails, then do some finishing work on our paper, then send emails for additional information,.

Then I had to take the polish off my nails so they could "breathe", then hand cream.  Then I had to put the cans of cat food bought yesterday away.

I had to move the laundry basket so I could drag the tree through the laundry room.  Then I had to stop and write this.

I just had a thought.  The lottery is expected to be 425 million dollars this week.  What would I do with about $200 million after taxes?  I think, one thing would be to hire someone to bring the Christmas tree into the house and set it up.

Well, enough fantasizing, it's time to start work.  The tree won't walk into the house by itself.  But first, maybe I'll have another cup of coffee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have plenty of time yet to decorate, have another cup of good coffee and count your blessings. linda

Snooty Primadona said...

I'm with you. I'd rather win the lottery & pay someone else to turn my home into a Christmas Wonderland. And, I'll take a faux tree any day, over the mess of a real tree, unless I can afford a crew to do my decorating... Guess I'll be doing my own decorating again this year.

BetteJo said...

Oh I understand. SO MUCH.