Saturday, August 1, 2009

Burnie

Burnie was up to his old tricks again the other night. He was doing what he does best - hiding. When it was time to go to bed, Crash obediently walked into the bedroom. I closed the door and then looked all over the house for Burnie. He wasn't on any of the chairs, or in the office. I simply couldn't find him.

Since I was tired, I gave up and decided to go to bed. I closed the bedroom door and the closet door. Later that night I was awoken by he sound of someone knocking on the door. I got up and opened the door, but there was no Burnie. I figured he gave up and went back to hiding so I went back to bed and sleep.

A little while later I heard the knocking again. Again I got up and opened the door. Still no Burnie. Then I heard a faint meow. He had been hiding in the closet. I can't imagine where he was, I looked in there with the flashlight and couldn't see him.

I wish I could say he learned his lesson and won't hide again, but I know Burnie. He's a very sound sleeper and loves to hide.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Yeah and they pretty much do what they want in their own time.