Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Week That Was

I've just had the busiest week in ages. It seems that every day I had at least two things to do. There were so many meetings this week - travel, newspaper, writing. Then I had two luncheon dates and my nephew came for dinner one night, along with the usual games afternoon and canasta night.

On top of that, at the end of the day when I thought I'd be able to blog something, we would have a thunderstorm, or the threat of one. Whenever we have a storm I turn my computer off. I never did that before, but when I lived upstate NY in the money pit my TV and water pump were struck by lightening and had to be replaced. Now I take no chances.

The best part of my week came today when my niece invited me to her house for a small family get together. She is one of nine children, so a small event usually has about 30 people. Her sister was up from Florida and it was so good to see her again. Her mother, my sister in law, was also there. She hasn't been feeling well, so it was doubly good to see her again.

The worst part of the day was seeing the next generation of children, that is the grandchildren of my nieces and nephews. I guess they would be considered my great grand nieces, or something like that. But it makes me feel so old.

Anyway, it was a wonderful end to a wonderfully busy week. Who said retirees do nothing but sit on the porch and rock all day long.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Retired? Well how busy was your life when you were working????