Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Truth in Advertising?

In the September issue of LADIES HOME JOURNAL, there was a five page interview/article on Barack and Michelle Obama. The editor said that they hoped to do a similar article on John and Cindy McCain for the October issue. I decided to wait to read about the Obama's until I received the October issue so that both interviews would be fresh in my mind and I could be objective.

Well, the October issue arrived but there was no interview with the McCain's, nor was there even an explanation as to why there was none. Instead, there was a short piece entitled, "What Makes a Great President", or how to vote with your heart.

Now, I know it's important to have a leader who is compassionate, who is cheerful and courageous, but it's more important to have a leader who knows the issues and how to govern. It's more important to study the issues and the candidate's stand. You should vote with your head, not your heart.

I wonder if LADIES HOME JOURNAL will ever publish an interview/article on the McCain's.

No comments: