Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Collection vs Obsession

When does a collection become an obsession?  I fear that my cookbook collection is very close to becoming an obsession.  As of now, I have over 200 cookbooks.

In order to actually use these books and allow myself to continue buying more, I've decided to do my interpretation of Julie & Julia.  To refresh your memory, this was a book and movie about a young woman who decided to make a different recipe from the Julia Child Cookbook every day for a year.

I'm going to call my interpretation Cathy & The Cookbook.  I won't be able to post every day since most recipes cannot be reduced to fewer than 2 servings and there will be days for leftovers.

Today, I went to the supermarket to stock up on some staples and ingredients for a few experiments, and also to refresh my supply of frozen fruits for my latest love - fruit smoothies.  I just love them, they are sooo good and make wonderful breakfasts.

Because I bought so much, I filled my freezer.  Unfortunately, there was an almost empty container of ice cream which I was FORCED to eat.  There was simply no room for it, and it was delicious.

Now, it's time to decide on my first experiment.

No comments: