Friday, March 20, 2015

Modern Technology

I recently bought a new scale that is supposed to track all kinds of information.  It must be connected or synced with my fitbit account.

It seemed like a simple procedure for setup.  All I had to do was remove one battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.  The scale would then be in setup mode.  Once that was done, I could go online and following the onscreen instructions set up the scale.

It didn't work, the connection couldn't be made.  I then proved the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  I proved this several times.  This morning I contacted the company and together with their tech, we proved the definition again.  It was suggested that the problem might be my wifi equipment.  It wasn't.

I called the company this afternoon and they will send me a new scale.

I really wonder why I'm going to so much trouble to get this scale working when I will get angry with it whenever I step on it.  It just doesn't make sense.

No comments: