Sunday, April 12, 2015

CATHY & THE COOKBOOKS

Last week I tried my first new recipe.  It's from More Recipes Worth Sharing

I made Lemon Rosemary Chicken and as I explained earlier, I cook for one so it usually lasts me a long time.  I don't dare try a new recipe on my friends; I need all the friends I can get.

The chicken was very good, very moist and I enjoyed it two nights for dinner and three days for lunch.  There's still a little left, probably lunch tomorrow.  I enjoyed it even though there were four beady little eyes (Crash and Burn's) following my fork from the plate to my mouth, every single forkful.

It was very easy to make, all it took was one whole chicken, 3 lemons, 1/3 cup butter some fresh rosemary and olive oil and half of an onion.

While the oven was heating to 375 degrees, I rinsed the chicken, zested one lemon and cut the others into quarters.  Then I placed the butter inside the chicken with the lemon quarters, the rosemary and the onion.  Before I put the chicken into the oven I rubbed the outside with the olive oil and the rosemary leaves and lemon zest.  Then I sat down and read a book for 1 1/2 hours.  Surprisingly, it wasn't greasy.

I served it with rice and broccoli.  Of course I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.  I never try a new recipe without a glass of wine, that way I know some part of my dinner will be good.


No comments: