Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cathy & the Cookbooks

Well, I finally finished the chicken.  It only took a week.  I would make it again, but then I will invite someone to share it with me.

After I finished the roast chicken, I decided to try something different. 

I've always been a plain cook - meat, potatoes and a vegetable or salad because my husband was a very picky eater and when my son was young, he was too.  Thanks to his girlfriend, he has become more adventurous.

I saw a recipe for Sweet Potato Wedges in Mr. Sunday's Saturday Night Chicken book by Lorraine Wallace.  It was very easy and very good.  I adjusted the recipe to serve one.  I used one medium sweet potato which I cut in half lengthwise and then into wedges.  I then tossed them in a bowl with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of crumbled dried rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme and a little kosher salt until they were evenly coated.  I then placed them on a cookie sheet which had been coated with a non-stick cooking spray.  Then I put them in a 400 degree oven to roast for about 30 to 45 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.

I served them with a small salad (lettuce, tomato and cucumber) and, of course, chicken - thighs this time - which I just bake at 350 degrees until almost done, at which time I broil them for 5 to 10 minutes to get the skin nicely dried and crisp.  Of course, I had a glass of wine - a sauvignon blanc.
 


I think I should have had a green vegetable with it, that plate looks so bland.

No comments: