Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Movie

The other day I caught an older movie - Fraulein. This movie was made in 1958, I remember when it was in the theaters, but somehow I never saw it. It takes place in post-war Germany. The main characters are a young woman and a US Army Major. Earlier, during the war, this woman saved the Major's life. After the war, in Berlin, he finds her working in a bar.

They date, he helps her find her fiance who lost an arm in the war and is living with another woman. He asks for his ring so he can have an operation for a new arm. She gives it to him and leaves.

Near the end of the movie, and this is what got me so excited, they take a cruise on the Rhine. I saw the same sights as on my recent cruise. It brought back such great memories of this most recent vacation.

And I thought I was onto a new trend.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I have always wanted to take a cruise on the Rhine...the scenery is stunning...I have driven up and down it three times in my life...the only good thing about driving is you can find a winding road up a mountain and stop to visit some of the castles that are perched at the top....are there any pictures that you posted...I went back a few pages and didn't see any.....Sue in Atlanta