Thursday, January 6, 2011

How Times have Changed

Tonight I saw a commercial for Bayer aspirin and realized how much things have changed.

This commercial shows an airplane passenger asking a flight attendant for something for his aching back. She returns with a package of Bayer aspirin. He is surprised and reminds her that he has pain and is not having a heart attack. He takes it anyway and at the end of the flight is surprised that it has worked.

Ever since I can remember, the only medication I've ever taken for pain, whether it is a headache, sore muscle or backache was my trusty Bayer aspirin. It's still the only pain pill I take. I've never taken any of the newer painkillers like Motrin, Aleve or even Anacin. Aspirin always did the trick.

I guess everything old is new again.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

I saw that and thought something similar, except I always take Ibuprophen because aspirin bothers my stomach when it is empty. But the commercial made me realize how much aspirin is associated with heart attacks these days. I even have a bottle of baby aspirin in my purse - like an emergency kit for heart problems. They're on the right track with their advertising.