Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Bright Idea

Sometimes I think I have no common sense, or as the nuns at St. Sylvester's said, "uncommon sense".

All week I've been dismantling the Christmas tree and undecorating. Everything had been put in the boxes and left in the living room. I've been looking at all the boxes and bags, but dreading putting them away. They all go in the garage which is unheated and very, very cold.

I've been trying to think about how to do this with a minimum amount of trips into the garage. I couldn't think of anything, until this morning. I can't imagine why I didn't think of it sooner, it's so obvious. Wear a coat.

I've been wearing my sweatshirt, but it wasn't enough. Today I put my coat on and, surprise, it works. I've been able to go in and out of the garage without giving myself a chill that lasts all day.

Now, though I've lost my last excuse for not cleaning and organizing the garage.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Really smart people sometimes miss the really simple things. That should be your story - and you can stick by it!

Snooty Primadona said...

'Tis true. We thinkers often miss the obvious. Just know that you are not alone, lol...