Thursday, June 10, 2010

Walking

On Monday, I decided that I simply had to get back to walking. I was determined. But first, I went to help a friend assemble her patio furniture - 2 chairs and 2 hassocks. Since this was the same as my set, I thought it would be easy.

For some reason it wasn't. There I was crawling around on the floor, lifting pieces, tightening nuts and bolts, etc. I never got around to walking. I had been there for 4 hours and couldn't finish one chair. The hole for the bolt was not completely open. I knew I'd need some tools. When I woke up on Tuesday, I was so sore. Muscles that I didn't know I had ached. It got worse if I sat still for too long, and I had to sit in the clubhouse for 3 hours. Yesterday was no better, I was still stiff.

This morning, it was pleasantly cool so I decided to just get out there and walk. I just wandered around the neighborhood for 20 minutes. Of course, being the numbers person that I am, I had to find out just how far I had gone. So, I got in the car and checked the mileage. I was very pleased to see that I had walked 1.3 miles at an average speed of just over 4 miles/hr. That's almost the speed I had 10 years ago.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a nice day and I can go out again, this time with another route.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I walked a few times past couple of weeks, but we spent so much time in the car!

walked this morning - but not near far enough or fast enough.