Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Good Day Gone Bad

Today started out as a wonderful day. I got up early, checked my email and blogs. Then I shut down my PC (BIG mistake) and walked for a mile.

After my walk I turned on my PC to start my German lesson. That was the start of my problems. It couldn't connect to Windows. That was the start of the insanity. You know the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I don't remember how many times I tried restarting. Somehow I expected it would heal after a few hours rest. Didn't happen.

Fortunately my son is VERY good to me. Last Christmas he gave me a new laptop so I have not been completely transported back to the mid-20th century. BUT, I can't access my public folders with ALL my information in them - To Do list, budgets, old mail, etc.

Last night I started to plan my summer. I want to take a few short road trips so I printed 4 months worth of calendars. At least I know what I'll be doing and won't miss anything.

Maybe I'll go and try to restart my computer.

No comments: