Friday, June 19, 2015

South Carolina Faith

Today I heard some comments from the families of the people who were murdered in South Carolina this week.

I'm struck by their attitude.  They are mourning the loss of family, but at the same time they are able to forgive the murderer while the rest of us are condemning him and hoping he receives the death penalty.

How I wish I had their attitude.  They are true believers.  They truly live their faith.  They know their family are with God and they know that God forgives the murderer. 

I've always considered myself a good person with a strong faith, but I don't think I would be able to forgive a person who was responsible for taking the life of someone I love.

Hopefully, the faith of the people of South Carolina will spread to others, myself included, so we can grow in our faith.  This may lead to a return to faith and God, something that is sorely needed today.

No comments: