Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring is Here!

I do so declare!

I have decided that winter is now over and have started decorating for Easter and spring.  I know that I'm giving myself many headaches considering what went on in the past.  A few years ago I started putting a bowl of plastic eggs and felt chicks as a decoration on the dining room table.  Well, the cats, mostly Burnie, would go the bowl and manage to take an egg out, send it to the floor and play with it.  He soon got tired of that game and discovered the chicks which he would fish out of the bowl and walk around with it in his mouth.  He, then Crash, loved playing with those little chicks.  This is eventually what happened to one of them.

 
This year I decided to try again since they're older and not quite as agile as they once were (aren't we all).  I filled two bowls, starting with some moss, then added eggs and chicks.  Some of the chicks are plaster, so I don't think they will be as attractive.  I did include some felt chicks, those that were left after the massacre of a few years ago.
 
This is what the decorations look like.  I need this photographic record in case they proceed to mess everything up again.



 
Burnie has already checked out the daffodils and decided they're not worth eating, they're silk.
 


No comments: