Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today is the 11th anniversary of that horrible day of the attacks on our World Trade Center, Pentagon and the heroics of the passengers on flight 93 who brought the plane down in a field and did not allow the terrorists to inflict further damage.

We all remember where we were on that day.  Since I had gotten into the city early that day, I had to decide whether to look at books in the World Trade Center or try to buy a pair of shoes at the Easy Spirit store a few blocks from the Trade Center.  To this day, I thank God that I made the decision to buy shoes. 

I know that I would have physically survived that day, but I don't know how I would have gotten through it mentally if I had actually been in the building.  Being a few blocks away and then feeling my building on the other side of Manhattan shake when the second plane hit was traumatic enough.  I still look up when I hear a low flying plane.

That day has changed so many lives.  We all know someone, either directly or indirectly, who was killed by the terrorists.

Let's say a prayer for the deceased and ill from that day.

We should also never forget what happened and vow to never let it happen again.

No comments: