Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Schedules

The temperature here has cooled down a bit and I couldn't be happier.  I don't like the heat of summer.  I've also recently discovered that even though it's been many, many years since I went to school, I seem to plan my activities around school days.

Summer has always seemed to be such an unstructured season.  While I loved having my sons home during the summer and enjoyed their company, I was so happy when they returned to school.  It meant that everyone got up at the same time, had meals at the same time, etc.

Now that I'm retired, I miss that structure.  I still try to get up at the same time each day and have my meals at the same time, but, I find that I don't accomplish much else during the day.  I think I'm going to have to make a schedule for myself.  One day for laundry, one day for shopping and meal planning, etc.

There are so many things I want to do - I want to finish my German lessons.  I had been very good in the beginning.  Everyday at 3:00 PM I would sit down and study until at least 4:00 PM.  I should also schedule an hour of reading every day.  There are so many projects I want to do or have done around the house too.

The week is almost over and, of course, the weekend is free time (no homework), I think I'll start on Monday morning with my German lessons, then move on to reading.  Sounds like a plan.

Once I get that routine settled, I can start on some of the other projects, like cleaning my office and garage.

No comments: