Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Travel

I've decided to take a short trip out to Long Island. I'll only be away for two days, but it seem like I have to take as much for two days as I do for two weeks. Of course, I don't need as many clothes, but all the extras add up.

I still need my make-up, lotions, comb, brushes, hair clips, shoes, slippers, etc. Even though the hotel has a hair dryer, I need my curling iron. I'm so glad I have a Kindle, if not, I'd have to bring extra books in case I become disenchanted with the one I'm reading and need a sub.

For my first night, I'm meeting my niece and her daughter for dinner. Tomorrow, I'm having lunch with a friend and on Friday, I'm going to be visiting Teddy Roosevelt's home in Oyster Bay. That visit will bring my total to three presidential homes/libraries I've visited. I'd like to visit them all. I wonder, does visiting the White House count?

No comments: