Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do Cats Think?

Often when we talk about our pets, we give them human qualities. I know I do. I think of Crash and Burn as a sister and brother. Crash is the proper older sister and Burnie is the pesky younger brother.

This has made me wonder if cats are capable of thinking and plotting. Burnie has started doing little things that seem to be done to annoy Crash. Crash has always liked sitting next to me on the couch, but lately Burnie rushes to the couch as soon as I sit down. When Crash is keeping me company in my office, Burnie always has to go over and bother her until she gets up and walks away. Then he just lays down in her spot and goes to sleep.

It seems like Burnie's whole purpose in life lately is to annoy Crash. Isn't that what little brothers do to big sisters?

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Of course they think and plot. Cats just do!