Monday, November 21, 2011

Forgotten News

This morning I decided that Crash and Burn deserved a treat. I felt guilty that I left them for
2 1/2 days with only enough food to last 4 days.

As I was wandering around Petco, I met a woman who was there with her dog. I forgot to ask the breed, but he was big and a beautiful shade of gold. He was fairly well trained, it only took 3 or 4 tries to get him to sit, but he was quiet and didn't jump (which is what I like).

We got to talking and she mentioned that he's 6 years old, but she only has him for 2 months. He was a rescue because his previous owner lost her home in the Pennsylvania floods and then had to go to assisted living. This woman also mentioned that her parents also lost their home.

How quickly we forget about the floods and the people who lost their homes through no fault of their own. They just happened to be living in an area which has had too much rain too quickly and the ground couldn't absorb it.

There's too much emphasis given to those who might have over bought or over spent and now face foreclosure. The news lately has also focused on the story du jour, like the Wall Street Occupiers instead of those who were victims of weather or the economy.

I'd like to see more stories on those who lost homes and businesses because of the crazy weather we've been having lately.

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

Amen!

And, if I hear another word about the horror at Penn State, I might throw up...