Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sushi

On my first day in Seattle, my son took me for Sushi. This was only the third time I've had it. At first, I ate to say I tried it, it was OK. My second venture into Sushi was better, but the third time was the charm.

The restaurant we went to served the Sushi on a conveyor belt. Since I really don't know that much about Sushi, I let Bill make the selections. He did a very good job, we had shrimp, eels, tuna and others that I don't remember. I've been converted, although I don't know if I could eat Sushi in any of the local restaurants, it would have to be a "true" Japanese restaurant.

I even tried a Japanese beer - Asahi. It was very good. I surprised myself by enjoying it. Until about the last five or six years, I wouldn't even try beer, I just couldn't stand the taste until I went to a beer tasting in Seattl. Now, I do enjoy a glass now and then.

I can't believe how adventurous I've become these last 15 or 20 years. I really enjoy trying new foods.

No comments: