There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sushi

On my first day in Seattle, my son took me for Sushi. This was only the third time I've had it. At first, I ate to say I tried it, it was OK. My second venture into Sushi was better, but the third time was the charm.

The restaurant we went to served the Sushi on a conveyor belt. Since I really don't know that much about Sushi, I let Bill make the selections. He did a very good job, we had shrimp, eels, tuna and others that I don't remember. I've been converted, although I don't know if I could eat Sushi in any of the local restaurants, it would have to be a "true" Japanese restaurant.

I even tried a Japanese beer - Asahi. It was very good. I surprised myself by enjoying it. Until about the last five or six years, I wouldn't even try beer, I just couldn't stand the taste until I went to a beer tasting in Seattl. Now, I do enjoy a glass now and then.

I can't believe how adventurous I've become these last 15 or 20 years. I really enjoy trying new foods.

No comments: