Monday, April 18, 2011

Education

They say that travel can be educational. After this past week I totally agree with that. I learned a couple of things on my recent trip to Seattle.

I learned that I am completely out of shape. I used to be a great walker, but since I've retired and live in the country/suburbs the most walking I do is to my car. There was a time when I could walk 4 miles without tiring. Now, I'm lucky if I can do a block without huffing and puffing. I couldn't possibly be getting old, could I?

In order to maintain my current of denial, I'm going to start walking again. About a mile a day should be a good start. Now, I just have to fit it into my schedule.

Another thing I learned in Seattle is that over the past two years, they have added several more hills. I mentioned this to a friend who visits Seattle every year. She completely agreed with me, and she stays in a more flat section. I really don't know why they keep adding those hills, maybe they want to discourage out of shape tourists.

Crash is getting a little chunky, maybe she and I should do a few laps in the house. Can't hurt.

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

They added hills? I feel like that and I live in Illinois!

Snooty Primadona said...

Oh dear. I'm going to Seattle in August. And I was just saying (after the Vegas trip) that I need to start training for trips. I'm still worn out. So, yes, I feel your pain. Are you sore? I was actually sore when I got home, not to mention drained of all energy...

I just hate to exercise, even walking. My cat gets waaay more exercise than I do.

;-)