Monday, March 21, 2011

Misleading Advertising

Today I received an email about a cruise in Lakes Erie, Huron and Superior. It looked so good that I called for information.

According to the email, they have limited single cabins available. Since I'm so spoiled that I don't like to share a room, I was thrilled. When I called, I was told that the single cabin was no longer available and I could go on a wait list, which I did.

Thinking that the rate would be the same as that listed as per person sharing a room. No, I was wrong. They still add a single supplement. I questioned why the single supplement since it would be a single cabin. I was told that the "single cabin" was actually a regular cabin made up for a single.

I would think they could do that for any cabin and not make it sound like they are doing a favor for a solitary traveler. It's just not fair. After all, singles use half the services of a couple.

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

Sounds like everything I experienced in Italy. When the credit card bill came in, I was cross-eyed from all the wacko fees.

So, are you still going?