Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day of Nothingness

Did you ever have one of those days when you didn't seem to accomplish anything?

I got up this morning chock full of energy and ambition. But something changed. After my one hour German lesson, I started playing - Bounce Out, Spider Solitaire, etc. Then I forced myself to go out and buy a bottle of wine for our Wine Club meeting tomorrow. From there I bought more herbs - thyme, parsley and oregano. I just put them in a large planter with water and put them in the bathtub.

The rest of the day was spent playing computer games, except for dinner. I made a nice dish of scallops with a lemon butter sauce. It was quite good.

Now, it's after 10:00 pm and I still have some papers on the couch that have to be put away and others to be filed, but I have no desire to do it. I think I'll just sit back and put my feet up. Tomorrow is another day, I'm sure I'll have more ambition.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I am having one of those days today. I actually had to force myself to go outside to feed. Thats one of my favorite things to do. I just don't seem to have any energy today.

Pamela said...

every day I have to push myself... I'm not naturally ambitious anymore