Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Preparations

For the first time in years, I'm almost up to date and ready for Christmas.

I did a little shopping in the stores yesterday and surprisingly, they weren't too crowded.  I expected a madhouse since it was Saturday and in the afternoon.  I usually like to do my shopping first thing in the morning, before the crowd.  Then, this morning I did a little online shopping.  I just have a little more to do, and that will be easy.

This afternoon, I put some Christmas carols on and decided to wrap some presents.  I'm very proud of me.  The trees are all decorated and lit, the candles are set and the new wreath that I made is hanging on the back door so my neighbors in that direction can see it.

I'm not too thrilled with the wreath.  I went to a class and rushed with it.  Still, it is a work of art - maybe similar to Picasso (his more modern work).  I also made a gnome out of a pine cone.  That I really like.

While I was wrapping and listening to my Christmas carols, I thought it couldn't get any better.  Then, I had a thought.  It could get better.  I could have a nice glass of wine, which I did.  It's an apple wine that I bought when I was visiting Mount Vernon.  It's very good, refreshing and bubbly.  I was tempted to use one of my good champagne glasses, but thought better of it.  I was working with rolls of wrapping paper, rolls of ribbon and boxes on my small kitchen table.  That's a recipe for disaster.  So I chose a regular champagne glass with no value, sentimental or otherwise.

What a relaxing way to spend a day preparing for Christmas.

I still have to do some baking and a little more wrapping, but I'm confident that I'll be finished before Christmas Eve.  So, I think I'll have another glass of wine.

No comments: