Sunday, December 20, 2015

A funny thing happened to me last night as I was getting ready for bed.

I love Christmas and I love decorating for Christmas.  I have four Christmas trees - one in each bedroom, one in the entry and the main tree in the living room.  I know it can seem like a bit too much, but it makes me feel good.

Last night I had two of the trees lit.  Thanks to modern technology, they are lit by remote control.  Both trees come from the same manufacturer, so they can both work off the same remote.  Sometimes, when I turn one on, the other will turn on even though the remote is not pointing toward it.

When I lit them, I had to get very close to the tree in the entry in order for the remote to work.  I had no trouble with the main tree.  At bedtime, I turned the main tree off, but the other stayed lit.  I went closer to it to turn the lights off.  When I turned around, the main tree was lit again.  I turned that one off and sure enough, the entry tree was lit.  This went on for a few minutes - turn one tree off, the other one lit up.  Crash and Burn must have thought I had gone crazy, turning around and turning the trees on and off.  And I was laughing.

Finally, both trees stayed off and I was able to go to bed.

2 comments:

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Sounds a little curious - you'd not been reading 'Christmas Carol' or anything, had you?! Just popped over to wish you a very Merry Christmas - thanks for dropping into my blog as you do - much appreciated.

Local Malcontent said...

What a dilemma~! That IS odd, but then again, maybe it was meant to be.
Christmas cannot be turned off.... and all; A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Cathy!!