Friday, February 13, 2015

Now I've Seen Everything

I've been quiet for a long time, but I can't take it any longer.

I haven't complained too much about the president's vacations and the fact that he takes all his friends, possibly at the taxpayers' expense.  I didn't complain when a wedding had to be moved at the last minute so the president could play a round of golf.  I even didn't say anything when he went out to play golf just minutes after announcing the beheading of an American citizen by the muslims.

Yesterday was the last straw.  When I saw that video he made in order to appeal to young people, I could hardly believe my eyes.  There he was making funny faces into a mirror and taking selfies.  This video was made (again) minutes after we received verification of the last murder of an American hostage who went to the middle east only because she wanted to help people.

I thought that when Lyndon Johnson lifted his shirt to show his scar to the press, our country and the rest of the word was the most tasteless act of an American president, but this recent performance by the president far surpasses that.

I was never a fan of the Kennedys, but I have always felt that they brought dignity to the White House, something that present day democrats do not.

As far as I'm concerned, the job of a leader is to bring people up, not to sink down to their level.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh this guy has thrown dignity out the window....It seems you must have missed his "interview" with the women who wears green lipstick and bathes in a bathtub full of milk and cereal....I found that to be even worse then his video looking like an ass...he's a disgrace....and yes we the people pay every time he and his entourage take a vacation....