Thursday, February 19, 2015

I can't believe he said that

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard some of the remarks that the president made in his statement in closing the summit on countering violent extremism.  I thought that they had been edited by the "villains at Fox News".  So, this morning I went on whitehouse.gov and printed a copy of the president's remarks at the summit, before they get edited or deleted when a thinking person reads them.

Early in his speech, he said, "Of course the terrorists do not speak for over a billion Muslims who reject their hateful ideology.  They no more represent Islam than any madman who kills innocents in the name of God represents Christianity of Judaism or Buddhism or Hinduism.   No religion is responsible for terrorism.  People are responsible for violence and terrorism."

Of course, he had to get in a jab at Christians, Jews, Buddhists or Hindus.  I don't recall reading or hearing anything about any other civilized religions beheading or burning alive people who do not agree with their religious beliefs.

The real reason for my writing this is the president's statement that no religion is responsible for terrorism, people are responsible for violence and terrorism.  Mr. President, why don't you feel the same way about guns?  After all, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I guess this is just another way that you use words to suit your agenda.  If religions don't inspire terrorism, then guns don't kill people.

No comments: