Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tell It Like It Is

Tonight while watching The Five I was really listening to their words.  They kept talking about "government subsidies" for people who cannot afford health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.  All I heard was that they would receive "government subsidies".  I'd like to hear the truth.  These are not "government subsidies", they are TAXPAYER SUBSIDIES.  After all, the government gets its money from us, the taxpayers.  Let's rename government subsidies and call them taxpayer subsidies.

Later, they were speaking about the latest trend in which groups of young people walk up behind someone and try to knock them out with one punch.  Several of those on the panel tried to say that these crimes should be considered "hate crimes".  I can't stand that term.  After all, isn't any crime a "hate" crime based in hate.  After all, if you have something that I want and I hate that you have it, if I take it, it's a crime based on hate.  Don't bank robbers hate that banks and stores have all that money?  If they take it, isn't it a hate crime?

Maybe I should I start a group advocating honesty in language, particularly as it applies to government's newspeak.

No comments: