Wednesday, March 20, 2013

'Tis a Puzzlement

There are a few rhings about our government's spending that I don't understand.

When the president was campaigning back in 2008, he called our $9 trillion debt "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic".  Now, under his leadership, our debt is now $16 trillion and he does not feel it is an immediate problem.   I know that if my personal debt had almst doubled in 4 years, I'd be very upset and looking for ways to cut my expenses.

That brings me to my next problem - government spending.  According to the powers that be, there is not enough money to cover the cost of tuition for members of our armed forces, but there is enough money to send to Pakistan.

While the cost to the taxpayers for food stamps has risen, we have people in our embassy in Mexico to inform immigrants to our country of the advantages of food stamps.  In the past, potential immigrants were required to be sponsored or show proof that they would be able to support themselves.

While the White House tours have fbeen cancelled, the president's organization, Organizing for Action, will, for a $500,000 donation give access to meetings with the president.

This president believes the wealthy should pay their fair share.  Maybe the government should be more fair in the way it spends our taxpayer money.  The money should be spent on our people, not sent to a country as a bribe for their friendship.

I would like to have the opportunity to go over our budget with a fine-tooth comb and cut the waste.

No comments: