Monday, June 18, 2012

Self Control & Baking

I'm so proud of myself.

I love to bake.  There's nothing better than taking those ingredients, mixing them together then putting them into the oven and after about 1/2 hour or so smelling the delicious cake or cookie that you've made.

Today I had an craving for brownies.  I cheated and used a mix and added chocolate chips.  They were wonderful.  Now here's why I'm so proud.

Usually when I bake, I take small pieces whenever I pass by the kitchen.  Before I know it, the cake or whatever is gone and I've eaten it all, probably in a day or two.  Tonight, after I had two brownies, I packed them in small plastic bags, two to a bag.  Then I did a really mature thing.  I put them in the freezer.

Now I have brownies whenever I want and I can't overdo it.  It's the grown-up thing to do.

2 comments:

ANGELFITZ-SSS said...

YOUR COMMENTS TODAY MADE ME CHUCKLE. YEARS BACK, I WENT TO WEIGHT WATCHERS AND WE HAD THE FUNNIEST LEADER. SHE ONCE COMMENTED THAT A FREEZER NEVER PREVENTED HER FROM EATING THE CAKE RIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER. ONCE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT I ALSO RAIDED THE FREEZER AND DIDN'T CARE IF THE GOODIE I REMOVED WAS FROZEN OR NOT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE FREEZER BEING A DETERENT.

BetteJo said...

There's nothing better than frozen Snickers or frozen Twinkies. I'm pretty sure the brownies would be awesome frozen. Unfortunately - it wouldn't stop me!