Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Day of Surprises

Today I took the QVC Studio Tour with a friend from my community and two of her friends.  It was a fun day.

At lunch, we started talking about jobs and I mentioned that my company had been taken over by CNA.  That rang a bell with one of the women.  She said that I must have worked for Continental.  I said yes in the reinsurance department.  It seems that her husband also worked for Continental and also in reinsurance.  The name was familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Later on, we were talking about the neighborhoods where we grew up.  We grew up just miles apart.  That might not sound too strange, but we both live in New Jersey now and grew up in Queens New York.

After the tour, we went to the QVC Outlet Store, which I never knew they had.  While I was looking around, I saw a pair of winter white slacks which I have been looking for.  There was only one pair and it was in my size.  Of course I grabbed it up.  The price tag said $38.79 or something like that.  When I was at the register, the woman gave me the price and it sounded like $8.59.  I just thought I misheard her until I checked my receipt.  I was shocked.  The pants were 75% off and the final price was $8.59.  What a bargain!  That just made my day.

It was a wonderful day - good friends, new friends and a bargain.  You couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some days just play out perfect. linda