Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More on Taxes

Today I heard yet another millionaire say he would be glad to pay more taxes. I'm tired of hearing the likes of Warren Buffet, Jerry Springer, Hollywood personalities, et al say how it is patriotic to pay more.

Never in these interviews have I heard the interviewer remind these people that there is no law AGAINST paying additional taxes. They can always just send a check to the IRS for whatever amount they deem fair. OR, they can simply file and take no deductions. Wouldn't that be more fair?

After all, shouldn't people be allowed to keep the results of their hard work and sacrifices? Otherwise, what is the incentive to study hard, get a good education, work long hours, live within your means if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor.

1 comment:

ANGELFITZ / SSS said...

WITH ALL THAT'S GOING ON THESE DAYS, BOTH POLITICALLY AND SOCIALLY, I FEEL LIKE I DON'T FIT IN ANYMORE. I FEEL LIKE I'M IN AN OLD "TWILIGHT ZONE" SHOW. I'LL SAY AN "AMEN" TO YOUR SENTIMENTS.