Monday, September 6, 2010

Technology and TV

I'm back from my trip. But more about that another day.

There's one thing I like about long holiday weekends. TV. It seems that many channels often devote time to marathons. Yesterday, I caught a "Who's the Boss" marathon and today I'm watching Angela Lansbury's "Murder She Wrote".

Watching Jessica Fletcher in action I realized how things have changed. In one episode, of course during a dark and stormy night, the phone wires were cut. People were trapped, they couldn't call for help. If only someone had had a cell phone. Of course, that would have ruined the plot.

I wonder how many other shows' plots would have been ruined by today's modern conveniences. Gilligan would never have stayed on that island so long if they had had a cell phone with a good service provider. Sgt. Friday certainly could have used the team at CSI. Even a show as recent as ER probably would have benefitted from the recent advances in medicine.

Can you think of any others?

No comments: