Sunday, October 7, 2007

Crickets

Earlier this summer I had a cricket in the house. He was somewhere in my kitchen, around the stove. After about two days, he ventured out of hiding and Crash, the great hunter that she is, meowed gently and stared at it until I picked it up and disposed of it.

Now, there's another one. About three weeks ago I heard his clicking, it's very annoying and very loud. Again he was hiding around the stove. His clicking stopped after a few days and I was relieved and felt that he probably died. Then it started up again, stronger than ever. Every few days it gets strong, then a couple of days later, it gets weak. Now, it's getting very weak, hopefully it will find its way out, or die. I just hope it's only one cricket and not a family.

I've heard that in some cultures, having a cricket in the house is good luck. This is the kind of luck I can do without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, a loud cricket means that money is coming in. Now weigh your options. Do you want wealth? Then put up with the cricket, but realize that this spring, you might have 2000 newly hatched eggs. "How lucky do you feel?", says Dirty Harry.