Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sometimes the old way is the best way.

For several weeks I have not been able to stream shows on my Firestick on my Smart TV.  Several times I would turn on the TV and switch to the streaming source, but it didn't work.  I guess since it's a "smart tv", I expected it would fix itself.

This morning,  I decided to tackle it myself.  I did a self diagnosis, checked the internet connection, made sure everything was plugged in and turned on.  I tried everything.  Fortunately, I resisted the temptation to return to factory settings.

Then I had a brainstorm.  Check the batteries in the remote, especially since I have had the Firestick for almost two years.  It was very hard to open, but I managed to do it without breaking anything.  That was a wonderful idea.  I changed the batteries (fortunately I had some on hand) and it worked.

In this wonderful electronic age, who knew the fix would be as easy as changing the batteries.

No comments: