Sunday, June 16, 2019

Books, Books, Books

Today I decided that it was a good day to tackle my office.  It's legendary, not because it is so beautifully decorated or organized, but because it is, to the outsider, disorganized and cluttered.  I found that it was getting difficult to walk around because I had two snack tables set up and two chairs at my desk.

Why do I need two chairs you ask.  Simple.  Crash has again decided that my comfortable desk chair is perfect for a nap.  When I want to work on my computer, I have to sit on a dining room chair because I have a very spoiled 18 year old cat who runs my house.

Today, she meowed until I sat on the couch so she could sit next to me.  I gave her enough time to fall into a deep sleep and then went into the office.

After I cleared the two tables and removed one and folded the other, I went after the bookcase.  I had hoped to find some books that I could donate.  Instead, I found many, many books that I bought intending to read.  Some were novels, others, books from places I visited, or hope to visit.

I did manage to organize two shelves of the bookcase, but in the process produced a pile of about a dozen books that I want to read.  Every time I saw a book, I thought, "I've been meaning to read that." and then added it to the pile.  I also found my copy of 1984 which I want to reread.  I think I first read that when I started work, right after high school.

So now I have a stack of books to read and probably another dozen on the Kindle.  Looks like I'm going to be very busy reading this summer.

Oh, I did find two books that I'm ready to donate.


1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

We have our little fur baby at home too that runs the household also. It sounds like you have a wonderful summer-ready full of reading some great books. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals