Sunday, January 15, 2017

Today marks the end of the only week of the year when I say that I actually hate Christmas.

I have finally finished taking down the decorations, undressing the trees and putting everything away, well almost everything.  Knowing my history, in a day or say I will discover some ornament or decoration that was overlooked.  It will then be put in a drawer somewhere and hopefully, next year I will remember it.

It wouldn't be so bad if I were not such a Christmas nut.  I have decorations and wreaths all over the house.  Since I have four trees, there are a lot of ornaments that have to be removed from the trees, wrapped in paper and placed in a storage container.  Then I have to wrestle with the trees to put them in their boxes and put in the garage.  Most of this is done when Crash and Burn are sleeping, otherwise, they will "help" me.

I am proud of myself though.  I only broke one ornament when I was putting them away.  I did discover however that one of my nutcrackers which I bought on my first trip to Germany was beheaded.  This morning I discovered how that happened.  I recently had some shelves installed so I can display some of the trinkets I bought on various trips.  I had put that nutcracker on the shelf.  Today, I caught someone, Burnie, climbing up the back of the recliner and checking what was left on the shelf.

I had liked the way I rearranged the furniture for the tree, and planned to keep it that way.  That has to change.  I quickly moved the recliner to another spot, but I'm not sure I like it there.  I'll give it a week or so to see how it works out.

I just have one box to put away and then I can relax, possibly with an adult beverage.

No comments: