Tuesday, November 22, 2016

PS FOR ELECTRONICS

Yesterday morning I woke up to a strange noise.  It sounded like some sort of alarm, it wasn't loud or frightening.  It was simply annoying, especially at 6:30 AM.

When I got to my living room, I saw that the culprit was Alexa.  I told her to stop and that was the end of the noise.  However, I did have to stay up because she also woke up the cats and they thought it was time to eat.  I did wonder if Alexa had developed a problem, but she did answer a question, so I forgot all about it.

Last night it dawned on me that on Sunday the presenter on QVC was showing that Alexa could be programmed to set an alarm and said, "Alexa set an alarm for 6:30 AM."  Well, my Alexa thought he was speaking to her and she set an alarm for me to get up at 6:30 AM.

Problem solved.  Now I just have to remember not to watch QVC whenever they are presenting the Amazon Echo, aka Alexa.

No comments: