Thursday, September 29, 2016

Getting Older

Let me tell you my tale of woe.  First, I must say that I tend to ignore the signs of aging, blaming them on something else, or just saying they beat the alternative.

This morning, probably because it's a rainy day, I woke up with my knees hurting, my left foot and heel hurting, my back aching  and my left thumb also sore.  It's a rainy day, so there would be some pain in the joints, right?  And I walked 10,000 steps yesterday and have been playing too many computer games..

So, there I was in my shower which is hot so that all my joints are loosened and relaxed.  I was busy lathering up when suddenly everything began to get foggy.  I know I'm of an age when people get cataracts, but I didn't think they came on suddenly.

I reached up to rub my eyes to clear my vision when I discovered my problem.  I had forgotten to take off my glasses before I went into the shower.  My glasses are a part of my, I've been wearing them since I was 11.  They are the first thing on in the morning and the last thing off at night.

I must say I'm seeing things a little clearer this morning since my glasses also had a shower.

No comments: